Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Confession.

Well.  I can't believe that just happened.
I mean - I guess I knew I was pathetic.  But I didn't know I was this pathetic. 
I have had a real eye opening moment. 
And now.  Everyone else gets to know the depths of my pathetic-ness.
Honestly.  I think, for most of us... take out the few lucky ones... we are all pretty much the same. :-/
So...  without really, fully realizing what I was doing...
I went out for coffee.  By myself.  On Valentine's day.  Probably the worst part about that is I wore running pants, a worn out pair of hiking shoes complemented by an equally worn (and stained) {and over-sized} jacket.  I barely combed my hair.  Attempted to cover my hideous-ness with a 20-second foundation job.  I actually did put on some mascara.  Just so people wouldn't think I was a creepy guy with long hair. (It is Bend after all)... The lady at Starbucks asked me if I had any big plans for the evening.  I literally stood there and chatted with her about how much of a bother it is to go out on Valentine's Day because it's so crowded and everything over priced.  There was just NO way I was going to confess to her....haha...
So then I decided to rent a movie.  Ended up with what I knew was a really sweet/tear-jerker/romantic movie.  Of course.
And what goes better with a movie than ice cream?  Yep. 
My confession is this:  I came home, watched a sad love story, literally cried and sniffled my way through it, all the while consuming 16 oz. of delciousness....impressive. yes. I know.  What can I say?
About half way though the movie. It hit me.  Oh my gosh.  I never thought it would come to this.!  I am one of those pathetically sad, single, lonely people!  And everything I'm doing right now proves it!  Really coffee and movies and ice cream to cover up my loneliness?!
I literally threw my head back on my pillows and laughed at myself.
Then I cried.  It really was a sad movie..... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment