Tuesday, February 5, 2013

There was a time when what was "right" and what was "wrong" seemed so obvious to me.
Ah. I do miss the simplicity of those days.
But, at this point in life, precious few things seem so clearly cut.
My mind and thoughts are in a constant battle, arguing one side and then the other. Not to sound schizophrenic... ;)
I feel very confused at times. very lost. Wishing I could make sense of things.
But, I think I am learning a big lesson. And it is this, "We walk by faith and not be sight."
In other words... it doesn't matter if it makes sense to me, or if it doesn't. It doesn't matter if it makes sense to anybody else or not.
The one thing that matters is this: What does God say about it?
I think once we know that, it's pretty easy to move ahead with confidence. Until we hear His thoughts on it... we had better be still!
I desire so much to turn off my own voice and the voices of others and to just clearly hear from God so that I can move ahead with confidence.
I have been stuck in this "gray land", where things are foggy and unclear, for so long. Really tired of it.
It seems even when I think I may have heard from The Lord there's always something that makes me second guess it. I hate that. There is no peace in it. And it is extremely frustrating....
*deep breath*
I am trusting solely in His promises to direct, to keep, to lead, to protect and to guide.
It is not Him I doubt. It is me.
Guess I need to get me out of the way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment