Tuesday, May 7, 2013

So- on Sunday I ran like 15 miles or so.  I was supposed to run 17, but...I don't know.  It's so confusing figuring out the mileage.  Really annoying.  It felt like I ran 20- but I guess I'll never know. ;)  Which, by the way, is why I really want one of those GPS running watches.  That would definitely improve my life. :)  A friend told me about a really cool running/biking trail.  And I really liked it.  But, after being out in the very hot sun for hours, running, and rationing water... and my bones start hurting and I'm getting tired and I still have miles to go.  That's when I start thinking- "Okay.  So remind again why I love running.  Tell me again why this is fun?" (haha)  When things get really challenging- I'm hot, I'm tired, I'm sore- that's when I have to remind myself of why I started this and what the goal is.  It's funny how you can be out there doing- and totally forget the whole purpose of it.  It doesn't change the fact that I'm sore and tired, but remembering the purpose of it certainly helps! :)  The bottom line is- I love running.  That's why I'm out there.  That's why I'm committed to it, even when it's really difficult.  You should see my feet- they are definitely proof  proof that it is difficult.  Plenty of battle scars believe me! :)
I guess a lot of things in life are like that- things we are doing (or things we know we should be doing), but somewhere along the line we just forget why we are doing them.  We become purpose-less people who are just doing a lot of things, but we are totally missing the point.
This morning I was reading my Bible.  I have a little schedule that helps me keep up.  I guess I'm kind-of a list person.  I don't like not having things 'checked-off'. ;)  So here I am doing and I had to ask myself, "So, why are you doing this again?  What's the point of it?" 
I guess I know I should read my bible and so I do. But I've forgotten why.  I've forgotten to be doing with purpose.
Let me just say- I'm tired.  I want to finish- but I'm just tired.  And it's now that I've got to be reminded of why I started all of this in the beginning.  I'm going back through the last few years and asking, "Okay, what motivated you to pursue God in the first place? "  And trying to get sight of that vision again.  I hope the bottom line is that-  I love Jesus.  And that's why I started out. And that's what needs to keep me motivated to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment