Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I have always known that following the Lord would not be easy.  That there would be many hard things.  That He would ask me to do things that would make me uncomfortable.  That He would bring trials into my life to refine me.  That He would ask me to surrender the things that are precious to me. That I would have to entrust all my desires, all my dreams, all my wants to Him. That He would have to have the highest place in my heart and that anything that competed for the place would have to be removed.  I knew all that.  But you can know something and forget how painful it will be.  You can say you are surrendered to the Lord... and forget that He is going to ask you to do some really hard things.  How we struggle with that.  How we struggle with believing that He has our best in mind.  When something hurts.... we find it so hard to believe.

Jesus, all for Jesus
All I am, and have, and ever hope to be
All of my ambitions, hopes, and plans
I surrender these into your hands
For it's only in your will that I am free
For it's only in your will that I am free

No comments:

Post a Comment