Friday, January 17, 2014

I like being spontaneous a lot- but I also don't like feeling like I didn't do things that need to be done. So, yeah- I admit, I do like my days- well, mornings, in particular- to be rather structured.  Even scheduled.  :)  But, just as I was getting into a nice routine, we all had to go and get sick!  I don't think I've ever been so sick, at least not for so long.  I think I was in bed for about 5 days... ugh...  I really like to keep busy and I think I really don't get as much sleep as I should, so a few days of rest was not all bad.   We are all getting over whatever that was now- and I'm really grateful because we have to travel to India this week. I can't imagine being sick and traveling here... :-/
It's too bad we were sick this last week because we had a YWAM group visiting Cox's.  3 Americans, 5 Germans, a girl from Sweden and a Bangali.  I was kinda bummed I didn't get to spend more time with them, they seemed cool and it is really nice to actually be able to talk to someone!  And someone outside of our family too!  Tomorrow we have another group coming in from Hawaii.  I really never imagined meeting so many people here.  We've met a lot of Americans and Bangalis, of course, but also Australians, Polish, Germans, Koreans, Belgians, Papua New Guineans (?), Swedish, Canadians... and I think that's it? That's pretty cool though- meeting people from all over the world.
We've definitely been busy.  And it seems like things are just going to keep getting busier.  And that's okay with me. We are planning on buying some coats and blankets for some of the people on the street- it actually gets really cold here at night!  So we are hoping to be able to have some sort of ministry there.  I'm excited about it.  And, I actually carried on a half- way decent/halting conversation in Bangla!  I was feeling pretty good about it- until I went to visit some women today that I met on the beach and could hardly understand them or speak to them- this language is ridiculous!
Time is going by so quickly- I know I've only been here for just about 6 months, but it's gone by so quickly!  I think the next 6 months are going to go by just as quickly probably and I really feel like it would be nice to know.. I don't know.. what I'm supposed to do next. I am open to wherever the Lord leads at this point- but I don't really see many options right now.  So, I am just here.  And I am learning the being faithful to the Lord's direction- even if it seems very small and insignificant to us- is really important.  I am trying to be faithful in the small things of today.   

No comments:

Post a Comment