Thursday, January 30, 2014

We went out tonight to hand out some blankets and hats and coats we bought the other day.  It gets surprisingly cold here, and there are quite a few people who just sleep on the street.  And quite a few children too.  It was really cool, being able to give those kids stuff.  I've never seen a kid so excited over something so basic as a blanket or a coat...  It was actually really sad to see.  I don't even know if they have homes.  And they're so young and dirty and needy.  One kid had plastic bag wrapped around him- I don't know if he was using it to keep warm or not for sure, but I know he was really, really excited about that blanket.  One little boy stood there and stroked a blanket mom was holding.  When she finally handed it to him he carefully wrapped it around him like it was expensive fur and stroked it and wouldn't let anyone else touch it.  They jumped around and smiled and said thank you over and over.  It was really cool, and I hope we can do more stuff like that.
Other than that, life has basically continued on in the same pattern.  But John's coming.  And it's weird- I almost just can't imagine it, so I don't feel as excited as I think I should.  It's kinda surreal really... But, in just a few short days he's going to be here!  It's so weird- it's gonna be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment