Tuesday, June 17, 2014

We leave Bangladesh 1 month from now.  That's crazy.  I have been thinking a lot about making this last month really count.  It's easy to slip into the "I'm so ready to get out of here!" mind set, but I want to really invest myself here for this last month.  Which is actually a lot harder than what I thought it would be! haha...  At this point it's challenging to make myself do anything. I think we're all just so tired- on so many levels.  To make yourself go somewhere even though it's hot and you'll be drenched in sweat, to make a dinner even though it's a stupid amount of work and (again) you'll be drenched in sweat, to make yourself take the boys with you somewhere even though they are going to be a hassle, to play go fish or match with Isaac for the hundredth time, to make yourself visit with people even though you (still) barely understand them, to go shopping because well, you're gonna have to eat, to make yourself be kind even though you're stressed and annoyed, to finish the Bangla book even though it's boring and repetitive, putting yourself out or allowing yourself to be inconvenienced for others ....  It seems like small things, but at this point... they seem huge and challenging!  Especially when you feel just so... done.
Us girls have a Bible study once a week together.  It usually ends up being a discussion about the week and areas we have struggled in.  Tonight we talked about finishing well and looking to God for strength for the next month- it was timely and encouraging because it's easy to just grit your teeth and get through it- it's much more difficult to actually do well. ;)
So, that being said, I am so, so thankful that my family will get a break and a chance to regroup/refocus in the states.  I think it's going to be so good for everybody.  A chance to sort of process through things and get refreshed.
 I was also pretty excited because I was able to get my iPod fixed last week.  I was a little reluctant to get too excited about it cause... it IS Bangladesh.  But everything seemed to be going well.  So they give it back to me and the camera doesn't work.  No big deal.  Then I put some headphones in it and the headphone jack doesn't work.  That IS  a big deal. So we took it back and they said it wasn't their fault... likely. :-/  So I opted to buy a blue tooth headset/headphone which ended up barely working unless I am perfectly still.  Annoying!  And, so far I haven't been able to get it to pick up WI-FI anywhere... so yeah.  That's a great illustration of how Bangladesh is for you. So frustrating!  So now I basically have an expensive clock/ alarm clock/timer/flash light with a few books on it and a game. haha... oh well.  At least I'll have something to do on the trip back at home. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment