Thursday, June 5, 2014

We've had a crazy week.  Seems like now that we know we are going home there is a lot to think through and process.  It's definitely a big shift in all of our thinking.  Thinking about traveling and packing and things left to do here and buying gifts for people and all that... it's a lot.
It's all pretty strange.  It's suddenly sad to realize that this will be the last month or so I have with people.  So basically, I'm just trying to take advantage of that.
On the other hand, I am so excited about being back in the States.  I keep thinking of all the things I have really missed, but I've gotten used to living without them.  Now all of the sudden I'm like, "Milk in a jug!"  "Hot showers!"  "Doing dishes in a sink!" haha... it's all the most random stuff. ;)
I also feel a little nervous... Bangladesh- the experience of being here.. living here.  It is so hard to communicate to people.  I think we just sound like a bunch of babies... because whenever I have tried to explain it to people.. they just don't get it!  I get it.  It is so different here than I ever expected, I know why people don't get it.  It's hard- there's just a few people who really get it.  I have a friend who lives here who is in the states for a little while.  Hearing her tell how difficult it is even trying to explain to her family.. I'm just nervous about that.
 And I'm nervous because people are so quick to make judgments on things. I don't feel like I've done anything amazing here... I know God brought me here and I know it has not been without purpose.  But I also know that there are so many other people who would've accomplished more, done better.. been what they should have been. I'm nervous about people pointing out things nad making me feel more guilty and more like a loser than I already do... which I'm sure is just pride.. but still.  It's not pleasant!
But, on the bright side,  I am SO excited about seeing people.  Being able to just... talk and feel comfortable.  And even just having something to talk about other than Bangladesh! ;)  I am so stoked about John's wedding and there's so much to look forward to.
We did get to go and see Limon, which was awesome.  He lives out in a village, in a pretty nice place and seems very well taken care of.  We were all really glad to see that and we had a really fun time with him and the other kids.  We were quite the sight there in a remote village! ;)
We are almost finished with our Bangla classes.  Which is exciting.  It has been a lot of work for a long time.  So now, to see we are so close to finishing, it's really cool.  I think we should be done by the time we leave. Go us! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment