Saturday, March 15, 2014

It's starting to get really hot here.  Again.  Oh boy. :-/  It's starting to get to where we always HAVE to have the fans on, we are waking up at night cause it's so hot and turning on the oven is unbearable.  I do not like the hot season.
I ventured out to the vegetable market this afternoon. It was nice.  I have just kind of decided I've had enough of never being able to leave by myself.  Maybe I should rephrase that.  I need to be alone sometimes.  So now I just put on my headphones so I can't hear all the people yelling at me and just walk. ;)

The entire market was absolutely swarming in flies.  It sill hasn't rained in months and there is trash everywhere-also with a thousand flies.  The open sewage dishes have piles of filth heaped next to them..  I had an odd moment of feeling like, "Okay- I live here?  And this is supposed to be normal?"  today as I walked by... haha...
The fam all went to a cricket game today. I opted not to go-not a fan of watching sports in general but especially cricket. ;) I think it was a good of option. I crave moments of quiet.  Moments of drama free-ness.  We live so close together and we are literally together ALL the time, so I guess that's to be expected... but, even so, it is exhausting.
I keep thinking more and more that my time here is coming to an end.  I don't know, it's sort of odd. It's not really because I have anything necessarily planned next- but sometimes I just feel these..nudges.. like maybe I don't have much time here left.  As always, there's pros and cons...  but, more than anything- I want to finish well- however much time I have left.  And I do not want to leave without absolute confidence it's the right thing.  I don't like to be a quitter-  I like to finish whatever I start.  So,  I guess I just want to finish well.  And, who knows how everything will work out?  I find things you usually end up a lot different than how I expect them to go.  So, I guess I'll see with certainty at the right time... I'm trusting God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment