Sunday, March 2, 2014

Time has gone by so quickly, and here it is- March 3rd already.
I am in Dhaka right now. We are spending our last days with John and Sara here. It's been wonderful having them- but again it's gone by so fast.
We are staying in the same hotel room that we stayed in our first day in Bangladesh. It's so weird. That doesn't seem so long ago, and here it has already been 7 months...crazy.
 It's weird being back in Dhaka again and remembering how ridiculously unfamiliar everything was, and how everything is just normal now.
I have been learning lately- or maybe just realizing- how wasteful it is to spend all mt time feeling sorry for myself. I can be so wrapped up in my own problems, my own hurts- and so blind to how small they are compared to others. How is it that you can still cry for yourself when you know a woman who is beaten or abused? Or a guy who dies from a drug overdose? Or you meet a little girl whose feet are horribly crippled and deformed from a car accident? I don't know how it is- but I still manage to feel sorry for myself. And I don't want to be that way.
John has said it to me multiple times, "Dont miss out on the goods things today by constantly trying to get to the next thing." 
Working on that. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment