Saturday, April 19, 2014

Well, it has been a crazy long day- and a really hot one too. Oh my gosh.   It is ridiculous how hot it is!  I was informed the other day though that it's 'not that hot'... so maybe it's just me.  But, let me just say- I took a shower this morning and my hair never dried.  We're all walking around with a glossy sheen on our skin.  When the electricity goes off- oh.. it is quite miserable.  Sweat just pours off your face as you do dishes, or sweep or cook or, well, basically anything.  I hate it. 
I am feeling sooooo homesick lately.  Just tired I guess.  Just really missing having some normalcy!  Ah..  I do miss home. A lot.
Tomorrow we leave for India again.  Bright and early.  Seeing as how I no longer have an iPod I think it's going to be an extremely boring trip for me.  It's so bumpy it makes it basically impossible to read or anything...so yeeeahh.. it's gonna be great.  India is nice though.  A hotel room with AC?  Can't be that!!  Also we are going to see a palace there called the Neermahal.  It is a palace built in the middle of a lake and that sounds pretty darn cool.  So we get to see a little bit more of India this time.
Also really awesome is that Dad and Austin baptized a guy last week.  It's really cool how it all came about, but when Mom and Dad went to Nator to take Limon to the hospital they met this guy on the street.  Dad shared the gospel with him and apparently he was really open to it.  He was Muslim.  After a week or so he told Dad he had come all the the way down to Cox's Bazaar to talk more with him.  He really had a struggle though, he told Dad, "If I believe Jesus I will be alone. I will have no one to share my life with.  My family will reject me."  But, after a few days, he asked Dad if he could share something in church.  He stood up and introduced himself and told everyone that he believed in Jesus.  Later he and Dad talked more about baptism and stuff.  And he told Dad he was ready to die if necessary.  It's really amazing.  So, he wanted to be baptized- which is huge here.  He told Dad he wanted to be baptized in the morning so that everyone would be able to see.  Which is really brave.  So, the next morning he told Dad he had had a dream that night that he was in a really beautiful place and that there were two angels watching as Dad baptized him.  He said he wanted to be baptized right away. So we all went down to the beach and he was baptized.  Later he told Emily that he was certain that she was one of the faces of the angels he saw in his dream.  Which I think was pretty encouraging to Emily.  He then said to Dad, "I have to tell my family don't I?"  Dad said, "I never told you that."  To which he replied, "If I don't, I will be a liar."  That's even more amazing to me, because it seems pretty common and accepted for people here to say they are a Christian, but they don't tell anyone cause they don't want to suffer the consequences or cause trouble. But, he immediately told his family and, as he expected they were really upset with him and I suppose he has basically been cut off.  Thankfully he has a Muslim friend who told him that he didn't care if he was a christian and that he could live with him.  So at least he has a place to stay.  It was really really heartbreaking to see this man crying in our living room over the great loss.  But it was also really encouraging to know that God will take care of him and provide him with everything he needs.  So yeah, we're all pretty excited about that.  And pretty humbled by this guy's boldness!  Pretty incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment