Sunday, April 27, 2014

A year ago I was running a half marathon with my brother, this year I'm watching a Star Wars marathon with my family...haha..  Just goes to show you how unpredictable life is.
I was remembering today that it was that weekend when I was getting ready to drive over to Eugene that my Dad called me and told me they were planning on leaving in July and that I should plan on coming home by May.  It was ... not an easy time for me, to say the least! There was definitely a lot going on.  In fact, I remembered today that I called John after registering for the marathon in Eugene and then I sat outside the building and cried telling him about it while people walked by and stared. Oh, and I was eating a salad. Wow.  It was a really great weekend and a really disappointing one at the same time. It seems like my life got really crazy after that.  It's hard to believe it's been a year.  It's crazy how much my life has changed since then.  All the things I could not have anticipated- what it's like living here in Bangladesh.  And, through it all, God has been so faithful.  And I am amazed looking back- which makes me feel at peace looking forward. It was not an easy decision- coming here.  But, despite all the difficulties and all the struggles, I have always had confidence that I am supposed to be here, and it has made all the difference. It has made the really hard days.. endurable... ;)  I want to have that confidence when I go home too.  I really want to go home.  But, I just want to be sure that it's the right thing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment