Friday, May 2, 2014

Another month has begun- and with each new month I can't believe we've been here for this long.  I know I say that a lot- but it's true.  There were times when I didn't think we were going to make it, but God has been so faithful all along and in through every difficulty.  We are steadily getting closer and closer to reaching  the 'year mark'.  And I keep feeling more and more ready to go home.  Seriously though.  I feel very, very tired.  All of that's nothing new but I'm basically praying that God will let us go home!  I know my family will definitely be coming back, even if we do get to go back to the States.  I don't know about me.  I don't necessarily feel like I should come back and I definitely don't want to- but I also know how unexpected life can be.  So, I am waiting. Waiting for things to open up and fall into place.
Other than that, this week has been pretty slow with the normal weird things that usually go on.   Such as rickshawallahs who drive  crooked and won't stop hitting your leg, crows eating rats in the street, disjointed and easily misunderstood conversations with our neighbor about mashed potatoes, saris and pictures, moments of escape at KFC, eyebrow threading, Star Wars, meeting surfers from Hawaii, our building being painted pink and yellow, helping Arif with his lost shoes, attacks from cockroaches and other such random things.  The rainy season has also started, which cools things off considerably.  Not to mention the thunder here is incredible!
Last night I had this really strange nightmare.  I don't remember the last time I had a nightmare!  But this one seriously terrified me, like I couldn't fall back asleep I was so scared.  It was about a wolf- and while it seemed terrifying last night, today I cannot figure out why it scared me so much!  There were a bunch of dogs barking in the street.. so I don't know.  Maybe that triggered it.  Either way- it was really, really strange. haha...
Other than that, things have been pretty normal and slow.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment