Tuesday, May 20, 2014

It has been pretty difficult to get a hold of the computer lately, so even when I actually do think of something to write... I usually forget about it.  Or I wait until late at night when everybody is in bed and it's quiet.  I don't sleep well anyways so it kinda works. ;)
It has been rough here lately- made that pretty clear in my last post I think. ;)  But I actually have been more encouraged the last few days.  I read this:

"He has put you in a difficult situation in His sovereignty; a difficult home, business, physical situation, a difficult situation with some relative. Beloved, that is the outworking of the Cross in your experience, in order to make a way for the Lord Jesus to have a larger place.  It is going to make a way for His patience, the endurance of Christ, for the love of Christ.  It is going to make a way for Him; and you have not to go to your knees every morning saying, 'Oh Lord, get me out of this home, get me out of this business, get me out of this difficulty!' you are to say, 'Lord, if this is the Cross in its expression for me today, I take it up today'. Facing the situation like that you will find there is strength, there is victory, the cooperation of the Lord, and there is fruit and not barrenness." (T.Austin Sparks)

I was encouraged by that- not that anything has changed.  It's still hot, it's still difficult and all of that- but remembering that there is purpose behind it all changes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment