Friday, May 9, 2014

Unfortunately the power went off at 3 this morning- and even more unfortunate is that it got so hot it woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep. So, it's now 6:30- I've been up for 3 and half hours accomplishing very little- with the exception of having some nice stove-top espresso and finally finishing the book of Jeremiah- which is definitely a challenge. ;P
There's been this sudden shift where the days have just started dragging by...  Probably a shift in my thinking mostly.  I'm sort of counting down the days until July now..haha..  I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment but, it's hard not to be excited about the possibility of going home.  As I have said a lot lately- I'm SO ready.  I even dreamed the other night that I was packing for conference and all I had to wear were these obnoxious salwar kameezes.  It was awful and I hope that doesn't happen...!
It's basically been really boring around here lately.  I'm sure I'm being a baby- but I greatly miss my iPod. :(  I started re-reading a book I read years ago.  And I also started reading a book a friend left here about a blind man who climbed Mt. Everest...haha.. I'm seriously bored.
Thankfully though, we're taking an overnight trip to Mulamghat Hospital today. They have a baptist guest house there.  It's SO nice.  It's secluded and out in the jungle.  They have a pool and tennis courts.. and you don't have to make your own food, which is a huge plus. ;)  They have AC and hot water...  It's a really nice place to get away a little bit.
So yeah- a seriously lame post to reflect the boring days.  There ya go. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment