Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Well, now May is quickly coming to a close.
It's pretty strange to think that the "May conference time of year" has come and gone so quickly. And it certainly doesn't seem like it's been a year!  The May conference is my favorite- it's really sad to have missed it- at the same time it seems worlds away- like it just seems so impossible.  It's a weird feeling!
At the same time, we've had a really good week.  And it just feels like people must have been praying for us. It has been cooler, we haven't had heat rash, things haven't been so stressful....  It's been really nice.
Today Hannah mentioned to me that we should start thinking about what things we want to do before we go home.  It kind of shocked me.  It's already time to be thinking about that?  It's hard- ending something and going on to something new.  You start seeing all the good things.  And for me- that's being with my family. It's really hard to think being so separated from them.  It makes my heart ache.  But, it also makes me want to take advantage of every opportunity I have today. Especially with my little brothers.  I am learning more and more to value every good thing about everyday and not to be so caught up wishing for things in the future.  I have been so, so blessed to have been able to spend so many years with my family.  I am so blessed to have them as my closest friends.  And I am blessed to have a family that it is so hard to be away from.  I am really thankful, even though it has been incredibly challenging, to have been able to be here with my family.  I wouldn't trade it.
My worst fear is that they won't be able to go back to the States.  That would be awful.  Just to get on a bus and leave them here... it would just kill me.  All of us going back would really soften the blow I think.  I'm just trusting God- or trying to anyways. :-/  I know He will provide what we need and what is best. I will be thankful though, when we have some definite plans!  I don't like being up in the air with thing very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment