Saturday, September 20, 2014

Another week has come and gone- quickly. And, honestly, as I'm reflecting back about the last week.... I'm not really sure what I've been doing. Busy- as always. But it doesn't seem like I've accomplished too much or had much time for quiet...or thinking. The truth is- its been a rough week. And I'm afraid I don't deal we'll with stressful situations- being the over-thinking person that I am. And so when there's stress- my peace and quietness and rest just fanish. I become absorbed in the problem- hot to fix it, what I'm supposed to do... whatever. It's interesting that the thankfulness challenge thing was this week- it was a weird clash. Looking for things to be thankful for but being stressed? Yeah. Great combo. So, after a particularly stressful day, I decided to just go for a run. I left my music at home this time because I felt pretty certain my thoughts were loud enough to meet my need of being distracted while I run. ;) I found myself sitting in the grass on one of my favorite little hill tops near the Old Mill District. Feeling pretty tired and frustrated- I just started telling God how...well, tired and frustrated I was! After awhile of pouring all my thoughts out to Him I finally just said, "God, the worst part is I had felt so at peace and then THIS happened and now all my peace is gone!" That's when it hit me. My peace is gone why? Because God has failed me? Because God is unfaithful? Because Gods not in control? No. Only because my circumstances or the event of the day had changed. Which made me wonder- what is my peace and rest really grounded in? God? Or my current situation? After realizing that,  more important than a stressful circumstance, is my attitude toward a stressful circumstance. Don't I believe that I can have peace in God even when things don't seem to be going well? Isn't God still in control? Then my prayer, instead of asking God to change the circumstance, was to ask Him to change me/my heart/my attitude during the circumstance. To help me to trust Him with it- the there's really no reason why i should be walking around moody or worried or stressed. So, while I may have missed out on quiet and peace this week? Here's to a more quiet and peaceful next week! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment