Wednesday, September 3, 2014

We finally made it to Bend.  And it actually feels like coming home.  I'm very glad... it feels good to be back.  Walking into our new apartment was so nice... everything was so nice, and clean and ready for us!  I am really, really thankful.  It's awesome. :)  And now, the search for a job begins.. I'm just trusting God's gonna put me in the right place.  All the same- it's a little daunting.  There's a lot of changes going on in my life right now!
Conference was great this year- different, but in a good way. :) I honestly had expected to really enjoy the teaching/meetings more than I did... but I still could see where God has been speaking to my heart about my attitude towards other people. I was really encouraged by different conversations with people and several testimonies that were shared.. and convicted about my quickness in judging people or dismissing them simply because they are either too holy or not holy enough for my standards. I want to have a gracious heart towards people, that allows for differences and gives people room for growth and change. Just as I would want people to deal with me! I want to be quick to see the good things in people.  It's so easy to evaluate people based on outwards things- and not on their heart.  It's easy to misunderstand people when they are going through a difficult time. Or to judge them based on past failures. It's difficult to show them grace and patience. I was just convicted about my quickness in judging people and being dismissive with them and how little I actually pray for them.  I read these verses in Romans yesterday, kind of a lot I know, but I they were very meaningful to me. ;)

"Who are though that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth.  Ya, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand." -Rom. 4:4

"We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves." -Rom. 15:1

"Let's decide not to do anything that will cause a problem for a brother or sister or hurt their faith. " -Rom. 14:13 ERV

"Christ accepted you, so you should accept each other.  This will bring honor to God." -Rom. 15:7 ERV

I was also just really encouraged to see God's faithfulness in people's lives. I don't know how many people I heard say they were going through a hard time- or even the hardest time of their lives- but God has been faithful to keep them and they still have a heart to follow Him. And, it was also very relate able for me this past year. So, we're all messy people with all these problems, but God is so faithful to keep us.  And that's awesome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment