Saturday, September 6, 2014

I have missed these quiet, peaceful moments.  It is so nice to finally stop moving.  To unpack, to read my Bible in the morning, to go for a walk, to sit in a coffee shop, to spend time alone, to spend time in prayer, to listen to music, to sleep...  quiet.  You don't realize how nice it is until it's gone!
I am sure this time will go by all too fast and soon I'll be working again and busy- but, for now- I'm just enjoying this season of quiet. :)
I have been spending a lot of time looking for work, applying at different places and all that. Sometimes I get a little freaked out about it. Thinking about when my family leaves, about living alone, about the cost of rent, fuel, food, bills... Sometimes it sounds like a lot- and it looks pretty overwhelming!  But, it is in times like these that I am so thankful that I have a God who is faithful- who provides for my needs- who knows all that lies ahead of me.  He truly is my Rock.  And, I'm even thankful that, even though it is often not easy or comfortable, He keeps putting me in a position where I have no choice but to rely on Him. And I am thankful to find He is always there.
And, not just for me- but also for the ones I care about.  I know my family- all of us- have some huge changes and difficulties ahead.  I have really been concerned for those in my family who are going back to Bangladesh.  It's so hard there... and I worry for them.  But, again, in the end- God is faithful. And I am grateful that I can just give Him all those worries and fears and troubles.

"Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment