Monday, December 10, 2012

Sometimes people can say things that cause so much pain, and they are totally unaware of it. But it hurts nevertheless. It's not even so much what they said, it's more how about how it made you remember something that was already hurting.
I want to learn contentment right here. right now. I want to find joy in Jesus...*regardless* of all the voices that tell me I can't be happy until this happens or that changes or until this stops hurting.. No. In today. In the moment when I am hurting the most, I want to be able to acknowledge that my joy is IN HIM. Not in my present circumstances or struggles. The truth is that we can be victorious through Him. We do not have to wallow in self-pity, remorse, regrets, defeats or sadness. As Tozer put it, "We can well afford to make God our all, to concentrate, to sacrifice the many for the One."
Most days I could readily agree with that statement... but I certainly to not live as though I believed it. The truth is, I feel sorry for myself. I dwell on what makes me unhappy, rather than finding ALL my joy in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment