Sunday, July 15, 2012

"And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh
with the affections and and lusts"
~Galatians 4:24

When I read this today I realized that this is a really good definition of a Christian.  What does it really mean to follow Christ?  It means to be dead to the world, dead to self, crucified with Him. Looking over the list Paul gives of the works of the flesh was... convicting.  It made me stop and think.  How many of these things are manifested in my life? And how few of the fruits of His spirit?  Perhaps I am not necessarily doing these things but what music or entertainment do I allow that encourages these things?  Something for me to think about.
I realize that I do not want to follow Christ in a lukewarm, sloppy way.  I realize that if this is true He is worthy of all.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment