Tuesday, July 31, 2012

(photo credits to rappin.wordpress.com)
It's really amazing how crazy life is.  How all the things you thought you understood and all the ways you expected life to go... just... don't. go the way you expect.  It's so much easier to understand why in retrospect.  But, in the middle of change and confusion, when the future looks daunting and uncertain, it is so hard to just trust. To not have to understand why. To be content without answers.   I am always tempted to ask the Lord for some sign... some clear direction of His will.  But then I realize that that is not trusting.  Life would be so much easier if we always knew the next step before we had to take it.  It would be so much easier to just know exactly how everything is going to work out.  But there is no faith, no trust involved with that.  It seems kinda funny how sometimes the most confusing thing is trying to figure out what is my will/His will.  It seems like it would be SO obvious!  But it usually isn't.  I am always surpsrised by things because I think I know how the Lord is going to work, I think I know how everything should be.  I have my box.  My plan.  My operating system.  And I think it's the Lord's plan too.  Nope.  More often than not... His plan is so much different than mine.  And, more often than not, what He does doesn't make any sense.  And soooo.... I am waiting.  Trusting Him to keep me walking in His ways.



"Trust in the Lord with ALL thine heart;
and lean not on your own understanding.
In ALL thy ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct thy paths."
~Proverbs 3:5-6


"Teach me to do Thy will... for Thou art my God...."
~Psalms 143:10

No comments:

Post a Comment