Tuesday, July 24, 2012

    Service for the Lord (or ministry) can only be a joyful thing for those who are not concerned about their needs... their wants... themselves.  I am continually telling the Lord how much I dislike going out on the street, going out door-to-door or whatever.  It's awkward and uncomfortable.  I keep wanting to just miraculously have a desire to go out... to all of the sudden looove going out. (haha)  I am seeing that, really, that's not what matters.  It doesn't matter so much how I feel about doing it.  It matters why I am doing it.  What is my motivation?  The right motivation is the one HE had, "Not MY will, but your's be done."  I think of how often the Lord spoke of delighting to do the Father's will.  That was His only objective.  "To do the will of Him who sent me".  True love for the Lord (or anyone else for that matter) is going to result in me giving up what I want because I care more about him, what He wants, what pleases Him than I do about myself.  I want to have a heart that delights in pleasing Him... not a heart that loves going door-to-door.  I mean, cause really? Is that ever going to happen?! (haha)  The answer is a total abandonment of myself and a commitment to do His will- to do what pleases Him.

"Let this mind be in you that was also in Christ Jesus;
who, being in the form of God thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 
but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, 
and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled Himself,
and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."
~Phillipians 2:5-8

"Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters,
and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress;
so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God,
until that He have mercy upon us"
~Psalms 123:2

"Serve the Lord with gladness....."
~Psalms 100:2a

"For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will,
but the will of Him that sent me"
~John 6:38

No comments:

Post a Comment