Monday, September 10, 2012

Sitting in Mcdonalds. Eating some pretty nasty food. (not a fan)
Best Mcdonalds experience ever:  Hollywood :D
I love the fact that we went to Hollywood  and ate at Mcdonalds. (haha)
That was such a great time... I don't know how many times I've looked through those pictures... seems like an eternity ago.
I am finally fixing my lens. I found a place in Bozeman that can fix it for $50.  That was really great news. :)
I am also buying a speedlight... that is pretty exciting and I think it will be super-helpful for the upcoming wedding. Oh.. and an extra battery pack. :)
Being "home" is so weird.  I guess I expected to feel some sense of ... belonging?  But everything is different.  I am different.  I think it will take me a little while to get a feel for this place.
One thing I am learning is this:  My present circumstances  do not have to determine my happiness... or maybe joyfulness would be a better word.  The last few months have been some of the hardest ones of my life.  I have been so frustrated and confused... wanting things to be different and knowing that I cannot change them.  Demanding answers about the future... that the Lord has never promised to give me.  Allowing myself to be miserable because things are not the way I want them.  And, sure, it really is hard.  it really hurts.  It just sucks.  But I am realizing that my attitude towards the situation I am in is really what matters.  I realize that I can be thankful for every good thing.  for every thing that has made me smile.  I can be content with things just. the. way. they. are.  Or I can drive myself crazy wishing that things were different right now... when they are not.
How many times do I have to re-learn that God's ways are not my ways.  His plans are totally different than mine.  His time scheme is SO different from mine.  I look at a few years and equate it to an eternity.  But, He... He works so much differently than I do.
I allow myself to become so fearful about the future.  What if this or that happens...?  Then I realize that I have today.  And today, there are good things.  And, while the last few months have been really hard.  They have also been bitter-sweet.  Why am I so quick to dwell on the hard things?  and not the things that have been really sweet?
Ask me tomorrow how I am and I may burst into tears.  Even this morning I allowed myself to lay in bed a little longer than usual and sigh one big, long discontented sigh before I remembered that I was supposed to be finding joy.  Oh boy.
I know that I have hope.  And that I trust God.  And that I do believe He has an amazing plan that is unfolding right before my eyes and I just can't see it clearly.  I know that the best things in life... are the things that cost the most (not in terms of money), and the things you have to wait the longest for.

No comments:

Post a Comment