Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Whenever I find  something placed in my hands something of the utmost value, something dear and precious and beautiful, why am I so reluctant to place it in His hands?  As I realize that my selfishness and greed can destroy that precious thing... I am willing to give it to Him knowing that He is able to do what is right. what is good.  what is best.  Knowing that He is able to keep it and guard it and protect it much better than I ever could.  Knowing that He is stronger than all my weakness.  Knowing that He fully understands the pain and fear it causes me to let go.  I know I can trust even the things that are the most dear and precious to me to Him.  He is always faithful.

"Lord, may no gift of Yours ever take your place in my heart.
Help me to hold them lightly in an open palm,
that the supreme object of my desire may always be
You and You alone."
~Jim Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment