Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I am beyond tired right now.  These days are full and busy.  I go to bed at night and can't sleep because my mind is so busy.  *sigh* ...onek chinta...
There are many things happening and lots of things that happen that I think I should write about... but it's not very often I get a hold of the computer. :-/
On Friday we got to meet a group of young people from YWAM (Youth With A Missions).  There was one American girl - so nice to find someone that really understands where you're coming from! One girl was from Papua New Guinea and there were a couple Bengali guys and one Bengali girl.  We got to visit with them a little bit at church on Friday morning, and then they came and spent Saturday at our house with us.  It was so refreshing. They all speak English well- which is so nice. haha..  It was just so encouraging/inspiring hearing their stories and why they came to Bangladesh and how God has led them to join in with ministry here.  A few of them play guitar and they just started singing these beautiful songs and just praising God.  I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed a time of worship like that.  I was so impressed by these people, and really, really humbled by their obvious love for God.  I sat there looking at them and suddenly realized that everyone sitting in that room is better than I am.  Sometimes you meet people like them and they're just well...discouraging...haha... But there was such an attractive joy and peace in their lives- I was truly encouraged by them.  Our time with them really made me desire God more than I have in a very long time. It's really amazing to sit there and feel such a love and connection with people you just met, who speak different languages, come from different countries and have totally different backgrounds from you.  It was an awesome time.  Not to mention we had coffee and cinnamon rolls. ;)
I have been able to meet a few girls around here who have invited me over, I am pretty excited about that.  They both speak some English- which is very helpful.  I want to learn this language so much.  I am super tired of not understanding anybody!!  It's going very, very slowly.  And it's pretty challenging.  But, I keep understanding more and more... so it's okay I guess...
Last night we went shopping with the lady who owns the apartments we live in.  SO funny.  We bought some really beautiful salwar kameez... pretty excited to get them back from the tailor!
Life here- it's so strange, and beautiful and different..  I really wish I could share it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment