Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Welll...what can I say?

On the bright side- the group of young people we met from YWAM came over today because they are leaving Cox's Bazar on Friday and they wanted to say goodbye.  As we talked with them and prayed with them, I was once again really blessed and humbled by them, by their love for Jesus, and by the fact that we all literally feel like family even though we've only known them for a couple weeks.  We speak different languages, and come from different backgrounds and know very little about each other.  It's just amazing the unity and fellowship we all feel with each other.  I needed that today- it was so refreshing to me.

And- it was a lot cooler outside.  And when the electricity went off, we weren't dying. ;)

I feel so up-and-down these days.  I find that I am not so much seeking Jesus because I should but because I need to.  I feel so discouraged, in so many areas...  It's hard, and yet- I know it's good because my need for Jesus is becoming more and more obvious.

I feel like I am failing.  I go to bed at night and I think, "Well, I may as well just stamp this day with 'failed'!"

So, I am seeking Jesus.  Because I just don't have it in me to do this.  Because I cannot find peace or contentment without Him.  Because life is too scary to face alone.  Because I am overwhelmed in almost every area of my life.  Because He is the only one who is constantly reassuring me that I have nothing to worry about- nothing to fear- that all will be right.

I am never so content as when I realize everything, all of this inward turmoil that I cannot even put into words, all the unrest, all the fear, all the aching, all the everyday outward trying circumstances- it's all in His hands.  And He has it all under control.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed upon thee, because he trusteth in Thee."


No comments:

Post a Comment