Sunday, September 29, 2013

 It is strange to realize that life is simply- life.  Deep I know. ;)  
 But really- whether you are in the place/culture you are most familiar with or thousands and thousands
 of miles away, there are a lot of the same frustrations/struggles- the everyday monotony- the everyday
 laughter/tears- the everyday is ever with us.  There are days that it is particularly hot, or days where it is
 particularly frustrating that the power goes off right when you're trying to cook dinner and you just have
 to stop right in the middle of it.  The struggles are different- but life is the same in many ways.  
At the end of the day- these truths are what remain.  Trusting that God has put me here.  God is enough.
 God knows my needs- he saw every tear I would cry today.  He knew what things would be the most
 painful for me in coming here, He knew the moments where I would feel totally alone,
 completely overwhelmed or when I feel like I have suffered a great loss- yet He does sustain.  God has provided everything I need for today.  Some-days it doesn't feel like He has- but I realize that I can choose to believe what He says or not.
 And, above all-  He is always faithful.  I do kick some days, I do cry, I do hurt- but I have to believe that it is all going to be okay.  
On  the flip side, He knew the joy I would feel in seeing this place, in being a part of it.  He truly has given me the  desire of my heart in coming here.  Even though I was very reluctant to come- I am amazed that over all the years I dreamed of going to India- to this part of the world. Here I am.  I am blessed to know believers here.  To hear them pray to my God in a language I cannot even understand (yet) ;).  To feel such a love for people I cannot even communicate with. To see a hungry, naked, filthy, abused, unloved and uncared for child with major health issues see you and come running into your arms and wrap his dirty and scratched arms tightly around your neck. The things I have experienced in the short time I've been here- It's incredible.  The things we laugh at, the crazy, amazing blessedness of everyday life. 
 Then there are the simple little things in everyday-  a hot cup of coffee (instant though it may be ;P), a cold shower, the power being on, when a shop is actually selling my favorite chips, watching my little brothers build a sand castle at the beach or eating ice cream at midnight..haha
.Life is such a mixture of joy/sorrow isn't it?  Since being here I have felt some intense sorrow and
 intense joy- how can you explain how happy and sad you are at the same time?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment