Thursday, October 10, 2013

It's actually, well, pretty embarrassing to admit but, my birthday still means a lot to me.  I tell myself- you're 23 now- get over it!  But, in reality- I'm actually thinking, "..but it's my birthday!" haha... It is so pathetic and I know it.
It's funny thinking back to a year ago.  It doesn't seem that long ago and I can still remember everything I was feeling a year ago today.  It was- uh- a pretty rough day for me actually. ;)
It's pretty interesting to see how a year has gone- where it has taken you.  So much can happen/change....
Today we were invited to go on a field trip with a school on the first floor of our apartment building.  It was pretty interesting. We basically ate a lot of snacks, got on a bus, drove a few miles out of town to a different beach, walked to the beach, walked back, ate more snacks, loaded up again and drove back.  haha... interesting field trip.  It was fun hanging out with the kiddos though.
Mom and Dad and I went and had coffee tonight and Emily baked a cake. Isaac made me a super sweet card that had a picture of a cat walking through flowers.  It is adorable.  He also gave me his stuffed dog. :)
We had sari blouses made, which we got back today.  Mine is way too big.  That's a bummer. :-/  But we're gonna get all dressed up in our saris and go out for dinner on the 12th.  That should be fun. :)
I found the perfect pair of earrings today to go with my sari.  They were $17- ridiculous.  It's like inevitable that I'm gonna like the most expensive stuff...  I liked the $100 sari... the $17 earrings... haha... I'm just glad we're not buying new shoes! ;)
And now the powers out so I'm sitting in the dark, extremely hot, with bugs hitting me in the face as I write this.... Welcome to Bangladesh! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment