Friday, October 25, 2013

Wow. We have been SO busy lately.
I am eating a caramel-apple sucker as I type and-let me say- they were good before.  But now? Oh my gosh.  They're amazing. haha :)
Our trip to India was successful I guess you could say.  However- I guess you can't be a Burwell and travel anywhere without some  ridiculous thing happening.  So our van got a flat tire, we traveled 230 miles in a record time of 12 hours, and driving in Bangladesh is like facing near death every few minutes. We drove on the worst road I've ever been on.  I would've walked if I could.  We traveled through the night with very little sleep so when we finally got to the border we were all really, really crabby. Then we went through all through customs and immigration and paper work.  One guy even asked for a bribe...haha...  India was surprisingly very different from Bangladesh.  I was expecting it to be the same so close to the border.  So, it was cool.  It has been one of my life-long dream of going to India and I've realized... I should probably start dreaming bigger...haha..  Although I gotta say- our hotel was air conditioned and I had the first really good night of sleep I've had since I've been here.  And, I was SO hungy.  And, when I'm hungry-  I am like the most angry person ever.  After not eating for like 18 hours, I was starving.  And when we finally got to eat I ate probably more food then I've eaten since I've been here.  It was SO good.  On the way back to Bangladesh we realized that we had made the big mistake of not going to one office we were supposed to go to when we went in to India.  So they weren't very happy... :-/  Then we found out that Dad's India visa was expired and spent a few hours at that office working that out...  And then the long painful process of filling out all the paperwork and stuff getting back into Bangladesh.  Then we drove home all day.  And got home at like 10 or 11 at night.  It was a long painful trip.  It was strange getting back into Bangladesh and being like, "We're home!  Everything's more normal again!" haha...
Then Austin and Chandra got here yesterday.  We're all pretty excited to have new people around.. :)  And we had SO much fun opening the bags and seeing everything that was sent.  I literally laughed and cried and clapped my hands... and.. yeah.  It was AMAZING.  And the birthday gifts??  SO sweet.  We are all really excited.  It's funny the things that we are excited about... like dish towels and almond extract...haha...  And then of course the notes, and cards (:P)...  It was really like Christmas.  Someone sent Emily $20.  It was SO weird seeing American money!  I just stared and stared at it..haha... Oddly enough it made me really miss home and everything being familiar and normal and comfortable....
Then we've had all the weird everyday stuff.  I had tea 3 different times today we people... we were invited to a wedding... we went to church... all that good stuff. ;)
That seems like a very short rendition of the everything... but there ya have it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment