Monday, November 25, 2013

Things are calm and quiet here today.  Reading and music and school and cleaning is going on.  Everything is peaceful.  Aside from my hair, which somewhat resembles an African lion.  ;) haha...
It is strange to me how fears can creep in, almost without you even noticing, and suddenly I'm restless and fearful and uncertain.  Suddenly all the rest and peace just feel like they're slipping away and I'm afraid.  I am afraid of regret- afraid of trying to do what's right and ending up being wrong.  I am afraid of heartache and loss and a hundred other things. I find myself asking, "If I lose the things that matter the most to me... will You really keep me?  Will I really be okay?  There is always the decision to either believe/trust God- or I can choose not to.  I suppose it is a constant battle- and I find myself turning to God a lot and asking Him to help me to trust Him.  I think so much fear comes from not really knowing who God is, not really believing He is good or that He has our best in mind.  But it is a choice- and I want to choose to walk in faith, trusting Him to take care of me and the ones I care about.  Trusting Him with the future, and all it's uncertainties. Trusting Him with the past, with any regrets or failures.   

"..casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you..."



No comments:

Post a Comment