Saturday, August 17, 2013

I am currently avoiding homework.  It's late and I'm tired- and so I opted to hang out on the computer instead of working on school. ;)  I know it's only been like a week since I've been studying Bangla, but it's pretty sad when people don't have a clue what you're saying!
The rain today has been crazy.  I've never seen anything like it!  We went shopping and came back soaking wet- although we were having a kinda/sorta water fight...
So- creepiest experience ever today. Emily and I went for a walk this afternoon.  I wanted to show her this one beach we found that's really pretty, but everything is really flooded right now.  So we get on the road and it's flooded.  I was about to turn around when these guys said, "Are you coming?  Walk this way!"  And they start showing us a way through the water.  Which I should add- was a concrete walkway that was a few inches wide and about 4-5 inches underwater.  On one side was the road, which was probably up past your news and on the other side was like a 6 foot deep sewer canal.  One wrong step- and it would not be good.  You'd be over your head in a sewer.  So we precariously cross over the water and continue down the road to the beach.  They started asking us the normal questions, "What is your country?"  You like Bangladesh?"  Didn't think much of it- that's all pretty normal.  So we get to the beach, and start walking up the beach and they start walking beside us up the beach.  Chatting as much as we could with our limited Bangla and their limited English.  He asked about our family, and America, and I dunno, just whatever he could ask in English.  Then he asks me, "You are here with your husband?  No.  You are married?  No."   A few minutes later..  "Is your husband here?" No... Emily looks at me "Caley!  Did you see his face when you said you weren't married??!"  Then he tells us, "Oh.  I am going to America.."  So they walk with us all the way up the beach and then Emily and I start walking off the beach to our road... aaaand.. they follow us.  We're thinking surely not.  Then he says something about the beach being very beautiful.  To which I replied, "Yes. VERY beautiful."  Emily looks at me and says, "Caley.  You idiot!  He didn't say the beach was beautiful he said, you both are very beautiful!"  oops... ;)  Then they ask us if we want to have coffee with them.  No.  Then they asked if we would have tea with them.  "No.  We have to go home."  So we start walking home and think they've left.  But no.  They were still walking about 20 feet behind us.  We started walking SO fast.  And then they caught up to us.  And were walking right behind us.  And they literally followed us to about 100 feet away from our apartment.  It was so creepy!  Emily and I decided we don't really want to walk alone anymore..
Anyways, that was my interesting experience for the day. haha...
Now.  For my homework I suppose... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment