Saturday, August 24, 2013

My lack of writing anything the last few days says a lot actually- it makes it pretty clear that there's not much going on.  ;)  Well, there is and there isn't.  It's been a month? or almost a month?  or something like that.  I still can't keep track of the days!  Things are getting pretty routine.  The things that used to be kind of new and exciting are just becoming... work.  It's okay. I actually like work.  To be honest, the last few days have been kind of difficult. I've had some real feelings of missing home.  Feelings of boredom.  There's not really anywhere special to go, or anyone special to see...  Sometimes I feel like I should be at a different place in life (which has nothing to do with being in Bangladesh).  You know that 'So.. are you married?' question?  Well.  I get that a lot.  Even here. :P  You know, it's kinda funny. The challenging things here are the same things that were challenging in the States.  Same family struggles and all that stuff. Still struggling with being content with exactly where I am at. Still struggling with having total confidence that HIS plans are the best, and that they are good.  Still struggling to believe HE has my best interest at heart.  It's when I forget all that that I get discouraged.  I get tired.  I go to bed early with a heavy and weary heart because it's hard, and I want to escape.  What I am realizing is this- what we usually think are the big things in life, really aren't.  The big things are actually the most simple.  Believing God.  Trusting Him.  Looking to Him for strength.  I hear the verse quoted, "the joy of the Lord is my strength."  And when I stop to really think about that-  it's pretty rare I'm actually living with that strength and maybe I'm not even sure what the "joy of the Lord is".  But I believe if He is my joy- it doesn't really matter where I'm at .  In Bangladesh or in the States- married or single- alone or with people...
I was pretty worn out Thursday night, both physically and emotionally (:P), so I went to bed early and decided to stay home from church Friday morning.  Which, I gotta say, having a little time alone is pretty nice!  I was just feeling pretty discouraged.  Us girls went out to Cafe 14 for coffee- and for the first time in my life I opted to buy a chicken sandwich over coffee.  Which did help improve my mood actually! (haha)  Then we took the volleyball net to the beach and played for awhile and went swimming.. it was actually a lot of fun.  We had about 50 people gathered around watching us...crazy.
Like most everything, life here is bittersweet.  There are the good things and there are the hard things- good days and bad days...

No comments:

Post a Comment