Friday, August 9, 2013

Just sitting here in the dark waiting for the henna Emily just put on my hands and feet to dry.  It's late- and I'm going to go running at 6 o'clock tomorrow so I should be asleep but... this stuff just takes forever to dry!
Today is the day we have church, so it's basically like our Sunday.
It's been super hot here today.  So naturally we spent a good deal of time swimming. ;)
Today was a big Muslim holiday.  Everyone was out, totally decked out, celebrating the end of Ramadan. We were invited over to our landlady's house for lunch.  Pretty interesting... ;)
My head is full of thoughts tonight.  All jumbled up.  All uncertain.  I keep trying to get my feet going in some direction, but I end up just feeling aimless...  I am busy.  I am doing, doing things I feel confident I am supposed to be doing.  But, I dunno- something is lacking.  It seems like I cannot wrap my mind around things.  It's difficult to explain... so I don't know why I'm trying! ;)  It's been nagging at me for awhile and I'm just not quite sure what it is yet...
Anyways.. I'll keep thinking about it and eventually come to some conclusion I'm sure, cause, well... that's just how I am. ;)
On another note- now that Ramadan in over we can get porothas, which I love! And... finally some clothes.  We've each had about 2-3 salwar kameez which have had to make do for all our working, swimming, church clothes and well... everything but out pajamas.  They're the nicer salwar kameez and so they're not very comfortable..and a little bit overly dressy for dishes.  We are all super excited about finally getting some 'everyday' clothes. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment