Thursday, August 29, 2013

Okay- so I have to admit, the last couple days have been super frustrating.  A lot of little annoyances plus a few really hurtful things, add a little bit of frustrating drama and being really tired...and pretty much-  I just burst into tears.  What can I say...? ;)  Poor Hannah.  I think me actually crying pretty much rocks her world... I rarely ever do, so when I do.  It's for real. ;)
After a good cry and a visit to an air conditioned place with coffee and American burgers.. I must say- I do feel a lot better. ;)  Guess I'm pathetic and it doesn't take much.
What I realize is this-  if I had enough love, enough patience, enough longsuffering.. none of these things would bother me.  I'm stretching all the love I have- trying to make it enough to cover the day- and there's just not enough there.  My ability is just not enough, and it leaves me realizing, once again, how much I need Jesus.  I can't do any of this by myself.  It's too much. And I just don't have it in me.  It's just one of those things you know- but I am always forgetting.
We sang a song today for Bangla class... it sounds a little funky in English because it's transliterated, but a few lines in it really impressed me-


"When love is present, what a sweet sound.  When that which causes irritation comes, anger does not arise - when love is present."

"When love is present, what humbleness!..."

"When love is present, what beautiful fruit! Brothers and sisters dwell together in unity and are one worshiping group.  When they receive the opportunity to help, they are very happy, when love is present."

*big sigh*... I was able to catch my breath a little bit today- tomorrow Suranjit is taking us to a different beach after church (church here is on Friday).  It's quite a ways away and I guess there's coral reefs and hills and stuff there.  I'm actually pretty excited.  Getting away sounds really nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment