Monday, July 15, 2013

Well, today is our last day in Kansas.  We have spent all morning packing, and re-packing, seeing what we have, getting rid of what we don't need, making lists to buy what we still need, laundry, cleaning... all that good stuff.  I find I'm getting excited about going just because I'm really tired of packing all this stuff around!  It'll be nice to finally have my own bed and my clothes in a closet instead of a suitcase and to be cooking/eating our own food again.  Even if it is on the other side of the world. ;)
Yesterday we were at a church that had a map of the world painted on the wall.  We all stood there and traced out our route to Bangladesh.  I stood back, looked at that map and thought, "Wow. The world is huge! Bangladesh is SO far away!"  But, in reality- its only a plane ride from here to there, and somehow, that makes it seem like it's not really so far away after all.  I realized that when Austin said he was going to fly back to the states in September.  And I realized it again when Chandra said she was planning on coming over for a few weeks.  It's just a plane ride away. :)
Yesterday Jackson turned 11.  He wanted an ice cream cake so  I made him that.  We went to the drive in theater and watched Despicable Me 2.  We were there like 2 hours early and had a lot of fun playing frisbee.  It was a really nice time.  Other than that we've just been hanging out with a family mostly.
Oklahoma is our last stop before leaving.  It's amazing that it still seems unbelievable that we are leaving in 8 days!  I'm not really scared at all anymore though.  I am pretty excited about all of the crazy things we are gonna see and do.  I think it's going to be an amazing experience.  I think it's going to be really fun and exciting at first... it's later on that I'm kind of worried about. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment